We're looking to bring in a technical lead to head up our development team. We're developing technology associated with media streaming and communication technologies, data privacy, data security, online identity privacy, and wireless networking. Our work is focused on implementing technology that will help create safe, ethical, and entrepreneurial real-world communities around the world.
- Lead the technical design, development, testing, and rollout of all systems across multiple platforms
- Principle designer/architect for all major technical decisions - ex: integration, design patterns, architecture, etc.
- Transform concepts and general requirements into technical specification and designs
- Hands-on development and implementation of backend code requirements
- Lead core application development team and serve as point-person for integration of other system components
- Mentor other software engineers in problem solving, solution designing, methodology, standards, quality, and vision
- Lead the development of integration & unit systems testing strategies, plans, cases and conditions; tests and monitors testing efforts; responsible for system testing across multiple environments and for applying standards and quality assurance principles.
- Provides engineering work breakdown and work estimates for projects where necessary
- Work with third party vendors to develop software and/or integrate their software into the company's products where necessary
- 5-8 years of experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- 2-5 years of experience as a hands-on team/technical lead on projects developing and maintaining complex, high-availability systems utilizing enterprise Java technologies
- 3+ years of experience with Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with MySQL, Tomcat, Apache, Maven, Jenkins
- Familiarity with media concepts: audio/video data, codecs, encodings, etc.
- Familiarity with networking architectures: TCP, UDP, client/server, peer-to-peer, quality of service, etc.
- Demonstrable experience leading distributed development teams
- Passionate, positive advocate for beautiful code and elegant system design and development
- Enterprise experience with Scala, or C#
- Experience with JNI and/or SWIG
- Experience developing and deploying real-time audio/video IP-based communication applications highly desired
- DSP experience with communications applications highly desired
- Experience customizing and implementing FFMpeg, FFServer highly desired
- Strong experience with projects involving mobile platforms - Android most desired
- Experience with Hadoop and similar technologies
- Experience with start-ups and research and development projects
- Experience developing/integrating with multiple front-end frameworks such as jQuery, Clojure, NodeJS, Ember.js
- Experience with Sphinx transcription engine
- Experience with RF technologies, mesh networking projects, and/or developing custom protocols
Contact Ben at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, references, and a general description of what you will bring to the organization on a technical and personal level. More opportunities are posted at: www.pluggedin-tech.com.