Informz Inc. is currently searching for an experienced Sr. Software Developer with strong Java coding skills and work experience to develop and maintain NBC's on-air automation software; NBC's primary on-air scheduling software; and NBC's workflow software.
NBC/Universal includes the broadcast network, as well as cable properties such as USA, Bravo, Syfy, Cloo, MS-NBC, CNBC. NBC/Universal also distributes material through outlets such as nbc.com, iTunes, Video on Demand, and Hulu.
You will work on a small and experienced team (currently seven people) who write and maintain these mission-critical applications almost exclusively for this multi-billion dollar company. Although we are a small team we have significant responsibilities, and the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate that they are self-motivated and responsible.
- Understand NBC’s fast-moving business requirements.
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stake-holders.
- Write and maintain complex, mission-critical software.
- Occasionally provide third-level support in time-critical situations.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to learn and adapt quickly to NBC’s business environment and our existing technical platforms.
- Must be able to communicate with project managers and end users at NBC/Universal, and to work closely with teammates at Informz.
- Must be able to use multiple technologies effectively, and to be adept at learning new ones.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Strong Java coding skills
- Minimum 5 years Java experience with notable accomplishments
- Knowledge of SQL and JDBC required, Oracle a strong plus
- Basic understanding of network infrastructure and services required
- Basic familiarity with Linux required
- Knowledge of web services a strong plus
- Familiarity with media files a plus
- iOS, Xcode SDK, Objective C; developed mobile working applications a plus
- Hibernate and GWT experience a plus
- Groovy a plus
At Informz, you will be part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. Its offices are in Saratoga Springs, but the NBC team typically works from home and coordinates with each other and NBC through phone calls, web meetings, e-mail, etc. Informz provides competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and paid overtime for NBC team members.
If you’d like to be considered for this position, please forward your resume along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org